The heart of the physiotherapy department is understanding how and why movement and function take place. Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems.
“Physiotherapist provide services that develop, maintain and restore people’s maximum movement and functional ability. They can help people at any stage of life, when movement and function are threatened by ageing, injury, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors.” – World Confederation for Physical Therapy
The department is having skilled physiotherapists who can use their knowledge and skills to assess, diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Neuromusculoskeletal – Low back pain, Subacromial impingement, Sports injuries i.e. ACL rupture, Osteoarthritis, Tennis’ elbow
- Neurological – Stroke, Spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s, Multiple sclerosis
- Cardiovascular – Chronic heart disease, Post CABG
- Respiratory – Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Cystic fibrosis
- Obstetrics and gynecology – antenatal and postnatal, urinary incontinence, PCOD
- Geriatrics – osteoporosis, Diabetes, balance difficulties, Fear of fall
- Pediatrics – cerebral palsy, developmental delay, erb’s palsy
- Dental – TMJ dysfunction, cervicogenic headache, tension headaches
- ENT – Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo (BPPV)
Other special services included are
- Kinesio taping
- Myofacial release
- Dry needling
- Spinal manual therapy
- orthotics and prosthetics
- Home program
- Health education and Physiotherapy counseling
Evidence-based medicine is the integration of best research evidence with clinical expertise and patient values. Physiotherapist are evidence-based health care professionals, we will always try to provide the best treatment available from research, tailored on the individual.
A physiotherapist can get you on track to have pain-free movement, which is essential to be able to do your favourite physical activities, so preventing a lot of chronic diseases, and have a good time too. You can recover well from a large variety of conditions with physiotherapists’ help.
All individual are unique, therefore physiotherapists work in team with other healthcare professionals, to try to give you always the best treatment you need.