Dietetics & Nutrition
Making smart food and nutrition choices is a necessary part of our daily life.
The Department of Dietetics and Nutrition at Sreechand Speciality Hospital
- Promotes individualized medical nutrition therapy in a multidisciplinary approach as a means to optimize patient care.
- Prevents or minimizes the presence of malnutrition that often accompanies acute or chronic diseases.
- Provides effective nutrition education to patients and family members in a variety of patient care settings.
- Functions as an integral component in support of education and research in collaboration with the doctors.
- Provides on going education in all aspects of nutrition
The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics offers nutritional services and counselling for inpatients and outpatients. The department has highly trained nutritionists with experience in management of diverse patient groups viz.
- Neonates and pediatrics.
- Critically ill patients requiring specialized nutrition support.
- Patients dealing with terminal illnesses and lifestyle diseases (diabetes, hypertension, metabolic syndromes, cardiac problems).
- Patients recuperating post-surgery and infections.
- Patients requiring medical nutrition therapy for GI diseases, kidney disorders, endocrine disorders, diabeties, cancer, heart diseases, lung diseases, hepato-biliary disorders etc..
- Individuals requiring nutrition care during special life-phases such as pregnancy, lactation, old age, disabilities altering nutritional intake.
- Patients with specific conditions viz. allergies, lactose intolerance and malabsorption syndromes.
- Weight management.