- Center information
- Facilities and Procedures
The expert gastroenterology surgeons at the department work collaboratively with the other departments and ensure precise surgical care to the patients.
The department of Surgical Gastroenterology under the Institute of Liver and Gastro Sciences offers surgical management of diseases and conditions that affect the stomach, intestines and liver, collectively called as the digestive system. We offer personalized surgical care to patients with common as well as complex gastrointestinal conditions by applying minimally invasive technologies wherever it is indicated. The medical and surgical teams work together to bring out best results. Advanced laparoscopic surgery is performed for many diseases like gall bladder stones, hernias and gastrointestinal cancer, which is safer, precise and less time consuming when compared to the traditional surgical procedure.
Various most modern technologies are being used in the department in order to make the surgeries more precise and of fewer complications so that the patient can return to normal life within a short period of time. Curative and palliative surgeries for Gastrointestinal malignancies and Bariatric Surgery for Morbid Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome are performed on a regular basis in the department. The centre also performs various complex surgeries including liver transplantation on a regular basis, with very good results.
Procedures of Surgical gastroenterology
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeries.
- Laparoscopic Restorative Proctocolectomy With IPAA.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy/Minigastric Bypass.
- Laparoscopic Distal Pancreatectomy.
- Laparoscopic Spleen Preserving Distal Pancreatectomy.
- Laparoscopic Hellers Cardiomyotomy.
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication.
- Open Hepatectomy/Major Liver Resection.
- Laparoscopic/Open Whipples Resection.
- Laparoscopic Gastrectomy.
- Laparoscopic Excision Of GIST.
- Laparoscopic Adhesionlysis.
- Laparoscopic Repair For Entral/Erigastric Hernia.
- Laparoscopic/Open TAR Repair For Complex Ventral Hernias.